Dear September,
I eagerly waited for you and here you are. Please hug me because I thought I would never see you. January, February and some parts of April were not very kind to me. They brought snow and rain and crazy thoughts. I was homesick and February said~ DEAL WITH IT. February is a mean old hag.
April showed up and she was somewhat empathetic. I kept asking her if it would warm up, would I make it, when will I be happy and myself again. She made no promises often not answering my questions. Instead sent me flowers occasionally to cheer me up, yet remained stern. I kept wanting to hate April too, but it was impossible. She'd offend me 5 times and play nice once. The nice was so big that it swallowed up all 5 offenses with plenty space for more. A home opened and April pushed me out on my own. I waved goodbye to her, but she ignored me. Instead she had left a note in my pocket and it said " just wait for May."
May came in flamboyantly. Oh he was a darling little thing. He brought love and travel and tissue for more tears. He brought flowers. He brought a bag of happy's and released them on my living room floor. He was slow but fleeting. Just when I was getting dressed for May's party he left. June put an invitation in my mailbox and the writing was kinda funky. Still high from May, I didn't care. I arrived to June's party with the same clothes I had that May left behind. I should have known better though. June had masked herself in lies. I ate all the fruit she sent me. She flooded my calender with things to do. Everytime I looked at her, she would smile but I could feel her smile disappear as quickly as it came. June was a liar. I didn't hate June, but I saw things for what they really were and decided not to hold high expectations for anymore months.
July eased her way into my life. She wasn't sure about me no more than I was sure about her. So we worked a plan and pinky swear that we would support eachother. She gave me long hot days but I made up for it in a svelt body. Confused by her actions, I asked her "are you trying to destroy me with your heat?" "No! No! Forgive me." she said. "I am not in control of the weather. I just want to help you return back to yourself. Here, let me buy you a fan that won't break."
June trudged along and moved at the pace that I set. She offered me comfort with new friends. She promised that she would not be like any other months. She would flow with me, not against me. I held June's hand until it was time for her to leave. It was a slow friendship. Her big brother August escorted her out and returned immediately. August and June could have been twins. He was equally as kind and comforting. Peaceful and deliberate. Moving when I moved and nudging me when I had lost all my energy. August sat me down and apologized for January and February. He asked me to forgive them because they had merely misjudged my toughness. They thought I could handle it so they gave me their best shot. Me and August became close.
We snuggled with each other, night after night. I whispered to August "Why did you wait so long to come? I needed you months ago. " August said nothing. I woke up to roses and inscribed on the petals Strong is the New Beautiful.
I climbed out of myself and washed away the last bits of summer. In the middle of getting dressed you, dear September came and whisked me away to a summer camp.You had a bag of passion in your right hand and told me to carry the one marked interesting. I didn't even get a chance to speak to you. Your first week was a whirlwind of excitement. The summer camp was great. I thank you!
Now that I am settled, it's so good to see your face. Please, have a seat. Look at you! I never thought, in my wildest dreams that I would ever see you September. I don't know what to make of this occasion for we have just begun.
I just have one question: Is that there a light and a tunnel?
Sep 9, 2012
A Letter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment