How does someone being rude affect you? Does it rub you raw to the point of legislating some jaw-dropping, collar grabbing, verbal snatch up? Or are you more like ME-shrug your shoulders and replay the incident in your head drumming up your imaginary superhuman self that responds with jaw-dropping verbal snatch up?
Well I didn't know which way to respond to certain persons with assumed authority showed me how rude they actually are under pressure and stress. Apparently I responded naturally-empty cooperation.
This past weekend was a fundraiser for my organization titled Taste the World. It's the annual event that supports Refugee Family Services in its effort to raise money. Taste the World is exactly how it sounds. An assortment of cultures come together to share their food, their customs, and their entertainment. This was a big event which required a lot of professionalism, organization, and cohesive thinking. That didn't happen and this showed itself in the breakdown of the culminating event as well as between people who were there to support each other.
I personally had two coworkers act like pure jackasses. One person interrupted me exceedingly while I was trying to tell her some really important information-placing her hands up as the words fell from my mouth. I watched people talk down to one another like dog and dog owner. It was a show of many faces that I don't normally encounter in my daily life scheme.To sum it up, my best way at dealing with this was to blog about it.
What is it that causes people to be short, inconsiderate, mean, and shut down? I could attribute it to the event but I think its deeper than that. It goes back to some wisdom: A mans true character is displayed when he is down or something like that. I can't say this enough-the event was a near disaster (which in my book means it's a disaster) but the personalities behind the event actually added the next level of atrociousness. Being rude is just one of those ripples in life that you do not want to send out. You totally warp the next person whether you know it or not. Many of the people who worked Taste the World were volunteers and what a sin it is for you to be rude to someone who is doing something out of the kindness of their heart.
My take is, the next time you interrupt someone ( you'll like begin with..I DON'T MEAN TO INTERRUPT YOU) or the next time you talk down to someone (PARENTS ARE NOT EXEMPT) or the next time you just feel this urge to make a move in the offensive direction (WHETHER YOU'RE AWARE OF IT OR NOT) ask yourself ?cui bono? ...for whose advantage...
Apr 10, 2011
? cui bono ?
Labels:
cui bono,
multiple personality disorder,
rudeness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment