The mark of a Peace Corps Trainee induction (depending on
who you ask) are 1. Guesting: visiting multiple persons’ homes in your
community to overeat and 2. Attending a wedding or namely a TOY. I have accomplished one of the two. I may have
not mentioned this, but my host father plays the bongos in a wedding band and
he is constantly playing for weddings. I was just waiting for the day to come
when I was invited to attend and today was my lucky day. My host mom Yagut
informed me that after my language class, I would be going to a wedding at 6. I
thought: OH YIPPY! MORE STARING! THIS TIME I’LL BE IN STILETTOES. I got
dressed, got the once over from my host mom who gave me the a.ok and off we
went. The lobby was full of people all of whom rubbernecked in unison once I
walked in. But I’m getting better at avoiding eye contact and leveling off the
piercing stares. This was honestly a really happy time. The band was great, the
finger twirling was a little difficult but I took a stab at it, and the food
was endless. I snapped some shots that unfortunately don’t do this wedding any
justice let alone the bride, however it does confirm that my host mom is a bit
Jazzy. Go Yagut!
 |
| Yagut in the black |
|
-
1 comment:
HEY BABY GIRL!!! LOVE YOU
Post a Comment