So here's the update. My timeline went like this:
Online Application October 2009
Interview in February 2010
Application tabled in February due to me frankly just not being good enough -Let's just say it for what it was at the time.
Frustratingly take off to Thailand March 2010 to April 2010
Recruiter reconsiders and pushes application through March 2010.
Nominated for Asia January 2011.
Get poked, pulled, and prodded between July and November 2010
Sign up with Americorps just to make sure this is what I REALLY want to do August 2010
Finally get Wisdom teeth yanked December 2010
January TEAM ASIA 2011 departs-I'm not going due to Americorps committment
Speak with Medical Officer-she wants to confirm whether I'd be willing to suffer through cheese filled country or meat filled country February 2011 ( I choose cheese )
Have final interview with Placement Officer. She asks me about what I'm going to miss, is my family still supporting me, how flexible am I and do I want to eat bugs and shit in a hole in the ground for the next 2 years of my life. I screamed into the phone YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
So that's the extent of it. I am just as clueless about where I am going. Invitation should be in the mail. Keep your eyes open.
Mar 2, 2011
Final Interview with Placement Officer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So proud of you....pursue that dream, girl!!!
Aunt Vanessa....
Post a Comment